My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RANDOM STORIES - Hamster ... Part 2



Here's the update on our missing hamster situation. First thing in the morning we checked out the hamster cage. I had positioned it on the kitchen floor, not far from the shelf it usually rests on. Her bed loft was on the floor beside the cage and we had sprinkled a nice thick coating of flour in front of it.

Upon close examination we discovered numerous rodent footprints in the flour from one end to the other. Cornpop found the hole in the side of the cage open so she had grabbed all of the dried food she could find inside. She hardly touched the piece of apple and had ignored the portion of strawberry we left for her. Apparently she prefers her fruit to be fresh.

We thought it would be a good idea to take photos of the evidence. I'm adding a couple to this blog so that you can see for yourself. The food trap (bucket ) was in our basement crawlspace and left untouched. So we have concluded that she did not leave the living room.

Karren brought the bucket upstairs and I have put lots of new dried pet food inside. I have also taped her exercise wheel to the kitchen floor. And to top that all off, I have carefully positioned our new dvd movie camera in the right spot to film her anticipated visit tonight.

We have 6 hours available on normal mode so I'll start the recording before I go to bed and hopefully we will catch her in the act. If she goes for the food bucket right away she'll get inside to the food alright but she won't be able to get out. If she runs in the wheel beforehand, there is the slight possibility I will hear it and wake up.

All in all this is turning into a fun adventure.

No comments: