My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Monday, January 25, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS - We Need Real Snow

I've been listening to the weather reports for B.C. lately. It has to be frustrating for the organizers to have all this warm weather right now. I like a warm winter, but right now it's just not the time!

The whole concept of artificial snow seems to work for the ski resorts so that they can stay busy. But it just may not be enough for the Winter Olympics in 2010. I am hoping some real winter weather blows in, and soon.

We had the Olympic torch visit us in Beaumont on January 15th. The school chosen for the official ceremony is right in front of my home. I went outside with my video camera about 45 minutes before the torch bearer was expected to arrive. People were already starting to line the street.

When the school kids came out to get into position along the ring road my camera was busy filming the excitement. When our special guests finally arrived the crowd that had gathered roared in delight. I had to step out into the roadway to try to take any more pictures. Everyone was craning to see where the torch was.

The speeches by our elected officials were impossible to hear over the crowd. But I did get some good pictures. And when it was all over and the various torch runners were reunited with their families, I learned that none of them were from Beaumont. I heard our chosen local representative will actually be doing their run in B.C. If I was them, I would stay there to watch the games.

No comments: