My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

TIME FOR FAMILY - Recording our Memories


This is going to be shorter than my usual Time For Family column. I don't want to forget this. I got a wonderful idea this morning that I should visit with one of our local seniors and see if she would be willing to let me record her memories of life in Beaumont in the early days. [I am also working on trying to save her family home and use it for our very own museum. I talked about that yesterday in "Beaumont Buzz"].

I thought it would be great to add her voice to a power point display of life in Beaumont in the early 1900's. It could also be embedded into the current Beaumont History Webpage. My daughter Brenda and I have discussed working together to get the site upgraded in the near future. Combining Marie's voice with thought provoking images of days gone by - wow, that would be an awesome presentation.

I have so many other ideas on preserving and sharing our history that I can't seem to focus on much else these past couple of days. It's my impression that I'm on to something BIG!

No comments: