My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forget-Me-Not, Dear Lord

I'm still basking in the glow of the messages I heard at the Relief Society Broadcast last Saturday night. And now I've been able to get a better view of my own Forget-Me-Nots by the front door, in daylight this time. I noticed a Lady Bug visiting as well and though I don't have a fancy camera I managed to get a pretty neat photo of the combination. I'm sure I will be in and out over the next few days trying to best that!


This new week has had it's moments already and I'm struggling to get back on course with things that need doing. But that's how it goes, downs mixed in with the ups. Which reminds me - I loved the movie "Up". I love any movie that leaves me feeling uplifted, no pun intended.


 It's been three years since we traveled down to Salt Lake for October General Conference with Amber (our oldest) and Karren and Jami (our two youngest). Only Linda (our middle child) stayed home because Brenda (our second oldest) drove down with some of her friends.





It was perfect that we were able to meet up with her in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Temple Square. When you consider how many members travel to Utah, hopefully with a ticket to get into one of the five sessions in the Conference Center, it was perfect timing to find her among the throng.

This weekend is an exciting event for Latter-day Saints worldwide. I'm looking forward to the messages we will hear from the Prophet of the Lord, President Thomas S. Monson, and many of the other General Authorities. Their counsel provides us with comfort and direction that focuses on our time and the challenges we face.

I am truly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for my many, many blessings. I know I am not forgotten.

1 comment:

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

I so look forward to Conference! The messages are always just what I need to hear! It's so wonderful to know that the men and women we will be listening to are inspired of God. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for the lovely picture of your lady bug. And Forget-Me-Not. What a beautiful pic!