My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

RELIEF SOCIETY BROADCAST

Last night I attended the Relief Society Broadcast for the women of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In the Millwoods Stake this began with a display of the various talents of sisters in our stake and a scrumptious meal. My friend Jennifer and I were hanging out together and we got to visit with several good friends also in attendance. 

The satellite broadcast was to start at 6 pm and to help us prepare we had a special trio perform a beautiful musical number. Just as they concluded we could see on the screen at the front of the chapel that President Monson and others had just arrived in the Conference Center and were taking their seats before the meeting started. 

Two of the hymns that we we heard were sung by a 300 + women's choir who were part of the program in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The two other hymns were sung by sisters in all the worldwide congregations that were participating. This took place in over 175 countries and in more than  80 languages. In our Stake Center our voices were so strong and beautiful as we joined in with the voices of the choir in Salt Lake - it was amazing to hear!

Each member of the General Relief Society Presidency spoke. Sr. Beck spoke on the Pattern of Discipleship, Sr. Allred on the Greatest of all Gifts - Charity and Sr. Thompson spoke on Covenants Made and Kept. The final speaker was President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counsellor in the First Presidency of the church. It was very inspirational, as expected. 

I have found his talk on YouTube in two files if you would like to hear it. 

Here is a picture of my own Forget-Me-Nots that I took when I got home. I will add a daylight photo tomorrow :-)

Just this year my Mom suggested I plant it in the flower bed by my front step. I'm so glad I did. It now it represents the 5 points of President Uchtdorf's talk tonight and an encouraging message to all women worldwide. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for posting on the broadcast. I love the picture of your forget me nots. I'll never look at that flower the same again.