My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Monday, September 5, 2011

MY DAY - Summer is Over

I've decided to follow my friend Jennifer's example by making my blog entries shorter and certainly more frequent than they have been. I will try to keep up with all the things I find myself involved in. But before I do that here's a short recap of our summer:

Our second daughter Brenda was married June 23rd in the Edmonton Temple and her reception was three weeks later. We had a Dr. Who theme so now I own a homemade 7 foot Tardis. Google it if you're puzzled.

At the end of July our family participated in a Denton family reunion out in Darwell, Alberta. Then mid-August Glen and I took the girls (K and J) camping in Banff for four days where they decided to film another of their "Flock and Tran" episodes.

We stopped by to see the Calgary Temple which is currently under construction and then headed south to Cardston to see our nephew in two plays, "Spelling Bee" and "Happy Days" at the Carriage House Theatre.

Thank goodness the mosquitos didn't bother us while we were camping. But up here in the Edmonton area they were so bad (numerous) that they totally ruined my interest in spending any time in our backyard.

The girls are back in school and I'm getting things ready to start up Cubs on the 15th. I love the new uniforms. I'm also very busy working on serious fundraising to help save a heritage home here in Beaumont so that it can serve as a hands on museum for children and families. It's long overdue. September 13th is the date we've been told that town council will make it's final decision on whether or not they will support it.

Oh, yes, I've also been watching the daily news on Libya, mostly through my twitter account. It all started on February 17th. I have learned a lot about the people and their traditions and I admire them very much. I look forward to Moamar Gaddafi and his sons being rounded up and jailed. The Arab Spring of 2011 is a great moment in history for sure.

My next blogs should be shorter and hopefully more frequent :-)

No comments: