My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

SUNDAY - The Great Family Get Together

I've missed writing on my blog for a few days now because things keep getting busier around here. Today after church we had the whole family over. All five girls with two son-in-laws plus my Mom makes for a busy kitchen at dinner time. Loved it. We chose to wait for Glen to get home first so we weren't eating until 7 pm. Good food too as my Mom was in her element.

Afterwards we broke up into smaller groups - my job was to help Jacob learn the best way to do research on his French ancestors in Quebec. We found out several things just by going to my favorite online websites. It felt so good getting back into it. The funny thing was to watch five of our gang pack into Tom & Amber's car at the end of the evening for their ride back home into the city.

Jami (#5), Karren (#4), Brenda (#2), Linda (#3), Amber (#1)


Amber fills her seat well now. She's expecting their first child, a boy, in October. Roughly six weeks to go! Woohoo! I'm gonna be a Grandma! Brenda's husband Jacob is rather tall and had to squeeze into the back seat with Brenda and Linda. Yesterday we had knocked down most of our fence so we were able to see right through what used to be a solid wall and into their car as they smiled and waved to us. Everything became much quieter in the house once they were gone :-(

Which reminds me, Glen and I talked with a friend of ours (yesterday, Saturday) to see about having our fence replaced. He starts tomorrow! I hadn't expected it to be that fast but once the decision was made we had some cleaning up to do. We cut the raspberries down to the ground and moved things away from the fence. Knocking the boards off was very therapeutic. I was still steamed about this letter I had read that is included in the upcoming town council agenda.

Which brings me to the letter. There is a fellow in town who is entirely opposed to our efforts to save a heritage home/ provide a museum in Beaumont. He implied some things I certainly disagreed with and he wasn't very nice about it. This coming Tuesday will be very busy as council has a number of topics to cover. But the most important one to me will be whether or not the town will finally decide to allow us to move the St. Jacques house to the Beau Val location. This fellow's argument is that no one in town really wants a museum. Well, he should have seen how well we did at Fall Awareness last week in garnering even more support for the project. So there!

Here is a view of the park that is currently being used by dog owners, I guess they think it should be a doggie park. We want to make this corner beautiful.  So in my opinion Tuesday night is going to be the most important night of the entire week. It will even surpass my excitement about starting Cubs on Thursday.

1 comment:

Bless This Mess said...

Sounds like a great Sunday dinner! I hope to be at council meeting on Tuesday to offer support.