My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Thursday, Sept 8/2011 - Making lots of friends today

(By the time I finished typing this report it was Friday, just past midnight).

First thing today I decided I should take pictures of my growing sequoia trees. I asked my Mom for ideas of names that I could give them. Unforgettable ones. Bonnie and Clyde were the best.


Bonnie is the smaller one, she is about two weeks younger. That leaves Clyde as the bigger of the two. Someone teased me about planting one of them in the back yard of our future (I'm hoping) museum. Ha, if I did that they would outlast everything in town, right? Their lifespan is 3,000 years and they grow 325 ft tall. Talk about having a history!

Next, after stopping by a couple of places to arrange for future meetings with potential sponsors, I found myself making a new friend. This person has lived in Beaumont for quite a while and was very interested in the topic of saving the St. Jacques home for a museum. We chatted so long that I was late for my next appointment. I asked my new contact to write down her name and number for me so that I can meet with her again. She has not only memories of Beaumont in the past but photos too. Gotta see them!

I called Eleanor to say I was just leaving and she was fine with me being about a half hour late. When I arrived and showed my house model she was quite delighted to see it at last. I noticed she had clipped a photo out of last week's Beaumont paper, the one of the aerial photo of the town back in 1948. We visited for much longer than I had planned and we had a great time doing it. She was even able to identify almost every building in the photo. Exactly what I needed! Hugs and kisses on the cheek later (French tradition you know) I was headed back home for a delicious supper. Thanks Mom, I was starving .

Tonight was Fall Awareness in Beaumont. Mom and I packed up our stuff and headed to the curling rink to set up. We had lots of info on what help we need for fundraising but I focused on showing the house model to everyone willing to come over. Both adults and kids were quite curious so we kept pretty busy. The kids were definitely interested in what the museum would be like. I got quite animated in explaining things and so my voice started to become a little hoarse as I tried to talk over the noise in the curling rink. Everyone I asked (we guessed it was about 40 people) expressed their support for us saving the house. We have to save this home, the people want it!



1 comment:

Bless This Mess said...

Great pictures of the house, Carole!