My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

RANDOM THOUGHTS -The Great Escape

I've been watching the news tonight and I have to say that the most exciting thing happening right now is the ongoing rescue of the Chilean miners. All eyes were on the first successful return of the Fenix, the rescue pod that travels over 700 meters through the belly of the earth with one rescued miner at a time. So far the first miners coming up appear to be surprisingly healthy.

I am amazed at all the hard work, planning, safety and dietary precautions that have been made to ensure that every miner survives this 69 day ordeal. The entire country of Chile is cheering them on and church bells are peeling across the countryside as each man is returned to us.

All I can say is: Wow! What a day for the history books.I will fondly call October 12-13, 2010 the date of the real Great Escape!

No comments: