My photo
I am married to Glen, we have five beautiful daughters, and we live in a small town of approximately 12,500 people.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

TIME FOR FAMILY - Thanksgiving

Tomorrow our family will be celebrating Thanksgiving. It's going to be a noisy house once again and I am so looking forward to it. We have much to be grateful for this year. Linda completed her first year of University and is already immersed in another year of study. Amber and Tom visited family in China and moved into their first home right after their return. Glen, Karren, Jami and I participated in Trek 2010. What a memorable experience that was!!!

Karren was able to go to EFY this summer and my Mom came to visit with us for five weeks. Her visit included a camping trip all the way up to Cold Lake where we could visit with family. I also introduced my Mom to diamond willow and we were able to find a piece for her to take home. We concluded her stay with us by making a special trip out to the old homestead with Uncle Dave and Aunt Masie as our guides.

Then came our much anticipated vacation in California, just Glen and I. This year we wanted to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and I had suggested California. We had to wait until September for him to find the time to get away from work. We stayed in fancy accommodations in San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, Los Angeles and finally San Diego. We had a GREAT TIME! It was so worth it. I hope to sort through all the photos soon so that I can post some. Karren and Jami did just fine on their own at home. They had lots of friends and families looking out for them too.

Brenda traveled to Salt Lake once again to attend October General Conference and on the way down the van she was travelling in had an encounter with a deer. Fortunately a rental vehicle was available and they completed their trip anyways. The only one who suffered was the deer. And just yesterday someone rear-ended Tom and Amber after they had done some grocery shopping - thank goodness they weren't hurt either. That's two accidents in the family in 8 days.

I have left a lot out but you get the idea. I am very thankful for my many blessings. I am grateful for the love and direction I receive from my Lord and Saviour. He gave me this wonderful opportunity to experience life.

Now that I have revamped my blog and changed how it looks I am hoping to keep it more up to date. And that's because I'm sure there are many more blessings and experiences coming my way. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole!

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I am a blogger myself. I have been a slacker on my family blog lately so after reading yours it has given me motivation to get mine current! Looking forward to following your blog! here are my blog link...when you have time you can take a gander!

http://swensonators.blogspot.com/
http://wildrosephoto.blogspot.com/
http://elderbenjaminswenson.blogspot.com/

Carole said...

Thanks Renee! (Sorry I don't remember how to get the accent on right now). I have decided to add your family blog to my list so I can keep in touch too. Have a great day!